Thursday 5 November 2009

Meet Cassey


















This beautiful Border Collie is Cassey when she was around 10 weeks old. She is now 2 years old and we have had her since she was 8 weeks. We are the Halfpenny family, there's Daren and myself and Nathalie, who is 17 and Lianne who is 14. I have had dogs previously when I first left home, but Daren, Nathalie and Lianne had never had a dog. I used to have Solo the Border Collie/Alsatian and Sasha who was found abandoned with all her brothers and sisters in a basket next to a river. I used to work at a Police Station on the outskirts of London and begged them for me to take one home. Sasha was approximately 6 weeks old when I eventually took her home - they had to be sure that nobody was going to come in and claim her and all her brothers and sisters first. She was a beautiful border collie with lovely markings. She eventually had puppies with Solo and now, over 20 years on I have another beautiful Border Collie to spend my time with.


It took a lot of persuasion for us to get a dog in the first place. Daren was adament he was not getting a dog. Even though I work from home, he was still adament. "Who's going to walk it?" "Who's going to clear up after it?" he used to say and we were all so willing to muck in. Eventually he agreed after he saw how upset I was after the passing of an old friend. I told him "Life's too short" and he agreed to get a dog on the condition that he was not going to have anything to do with it whatsoever, he was going to leave it all to us.




So, I searched on the internet until I found Border Collies for sale. In my mind, it was a Border Collie or nothing. They are so intelligent, quick to learn and as I had experienced one before, it was idea. Then the problem came: there are a shortage of Border Collies! They get snapped up as soon as adverts appear. I was lucky enough to find an advert on http://www.epupz.co.uk/ so I phoned to get some more information and a few days later we went to Broadstairs to visit what was going to be our new puppy.