Saturday 7 November 2009

When Daren met Cassey



We visited Cassey's family home three times before she could come home. The first time was to choose her, I had phoned one day to arrange a visit and we went the next day. Originally we wanted a boy and when I phoned, there were 3 boys and 3 girls left. By the time we got there, there were only 3 girls so we had no choice - a girl or nothing! Of course, we couldn't not have one, if we had come away without paying a deposit it just gave Daren time to change his mind. So we chose there and then. We held one girl each and after a huge decision, we chose the one with the heart markings on it's head - Cassey. At this point she was 9 days old. We were so excited and as soon as we got in the car, I phoned Daren. He couldn't believe what we had done but wasn't angry and wasn't really that bothered. I told him he HAD to go and visit. It was a lovely sunny day one Sunday in November 2007 and I arranged for all of us, including Daren to go and see Cassey. I am sure he was going to love herand look forward to her coming home. When we got there, I was so surprised to see how much they had all grown. They were running around but small and fluffy, just slightly smaller than a toilet roll!
The first picture, would you believe, is when Daren met Casssey. She bit his finger! From that moment on, he was in love ......!